Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: JPlayer on February 01, 2006, 05:57:32 am

Title: Canon 70-200 2.8L IS
Post by: JPlayer on February 01, 2006, 05:57:32 am
After I put the lens on the camera and it clicks into place and locks, it can still be rotated by a millimeter on the Canon body. My 24-105 4.0L IS fits and locks perfectly. Does anyone else have the same prob? Is the lens locking mechanism not a perfect fit? There are no other associated probs, nor does it affect photo taking.

Oh dear, I expect perfection from Canon.
Title: Canon 70-200 2.8L IS
Post by: benInMA on February 01, 2006, 01:56:10 pm
I don't have this "problem" with my 5D or any of my current lenses.  (50/1.4, 28/1.8, 85/1.8, 17-40 f/4, 300 f/4 IS)

However I have had it on another Canon body and/or lens and it never caused any issues with wear & tear or image quality...

I wouldn't worry about it.