Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: wmchauncey on April 24, 2015, 05:42:46 pm

Title: Aphid in smoke
Post by: wmchauncey on April 24, 2015, 05:42:46 pm
No clue what aphids look like but, had to call it something???  I'm trying to work with smoke images and am having troubles with color.
This is a test for a Living Room wall hanger...we have the original blue on black followed by the same with more of a purple look.
You gotta choose one that you must hang, black/purple or a different combo than purple...printed on either canvas or metal...you choose.

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/smoke-aphid-copy-2.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/smoke-aphid-copy-2.jpg.html)

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/smoke-aphid-copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/smoke-aphid-copy.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: hugowolf on April 24, 2015, 06:28:53 pm
I think you may  have stumbled across the wrong forum. I am not seeing anything in your post that has to do with color management.

Brian A
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: wmchauncey on April 24, 2015, 06:32:52 pm
Aah...questions about appropriate colors are not part of color management???
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: digitaldog on April 24, 2015, 08:03:54 pm
I think you may  have stumbled across the wrong forum. I am not seeing anything in your post that has to do with color management.
I agree but it's a super cool image and we should give the OP a pass.
I'd print both, put em side by side.
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 24, 2015, 08:04:20 pm
Aah...questions about appropriate colors are not part of color management???

Only if one of your monitors shows the same image blue and the other purple  ;)
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: Tim Lookingbill on April 24, 2015, 10:04:56 pm
I'ld go with the blue on black due to it's higher contrast against a dark background that will register better hanging on a white wall.

The second purplish one looks too 60's tie dye t-shirt art where the first has a more nautical James Cameron's deep sea creature vibe.
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 25, 2015, 09:50:33 am
I prefer the blue/black version.

To me it looks more like a horseshoe crab than an aphid.   ;)
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: wmchauncey on April 26, 2015, 09:14:41 am
My word that this be the last choice subject...dark or light

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/smoke-gods-creation-of-adam-copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/smoke-gods-creation-of-adam-copy.jpg.html)

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/smoke-gods-creation-of-adam-copy-2.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/smoke-gods-creation-of-adam-copy-2.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Aphid in smoke
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 26, 2015, 11:52:16 am
That's tougher. They are both fine, but I wouldn't show them at the same time. The context, or where they are to be shown, would help to decide.