Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mburke on April 23, 2015, 08:03:21 am
-
When I go to my Develop mode in the basic panel (and others) the sliders have all moved but all it shows in the History panel is Imported and the date the catalog was updated in LR CC. I guess you can fool with the sliders but it would be nice to see your history. Is this normal behavior?
-
No problems like that here since up upgrade. All previous history states are showing.
-
Thanks. I double checked a lot of my photos and all I get is an import date in the History. The sliders are adjusted, but no idea of the history. Not all that important to me because the work is still there, but no idea of the order in which I did things
-
History should be intact after the update. It is here for me on all my machines.
On a side note, the order in which develop settings are applied is largely unimportant. When Lightroom renders, it uses a prescribed order of applying the edits - regardless of the order in which you applied them.
-
Any ideas on how to get the history back? Should I re-import the old catalog?
-
Did you re-import the pictures (or "import" the old catalog), or did you let the LR installation convert your old catalog when opening the LR6 for the first time? In case of the former you might lose the history, in case of the latter it should all be there.
Your old (LR5) catalog should still be there. So a work-around could be to delete your new LR6 catalog and again try to open the old (LR5) catalog and let LR6 do the conversion again.
As the other posters it worked flawlessly for me, I got my full history back.
-
That solved it. I opened my last backup and then in converted it to LRCC and the history states were there. Thanks for the help. I still have trouble with the locations and names of catalogs. I only use one catalog for everything or I'd really have a mess on my hands. Thanks again.