Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on April 21, 2015, 10:49:54 am

Title: Headwind
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 21, 2015, 10:49:54 am
I was out shooting Kite Surfers at extremely low shutter speeds (1/6 - 1/15) when this gull hovered over for a look. So, why not...
Title: Re: Headwind
Post by: Bob_B on April 21, 2015, 08:36:42 pm
For sure, why not! I like the feeling of movement conveyed in your shot. I'm not much of a photographer, so I hesitate to offer suggestions, but I wonder if cropping off a bit of the top to make this more 'letterbox' might not improve the photo? Just a thought...
Title: Re: Headwind
Post by: Harald L on April 25, 2015, 05:56:35 am
The watermark is somewhat distracting but anyway a vibrant and intriguing picture.
Title: Re: Headwind
Post by: RSL on April 25, 2015, 11:08:54 am
Fine example of catching convincing motion, Chris. Very nice.