Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on April 20, 2015, 08:44:52 pm

Title: Zacuto type finder for Sigma DP2 Merrill
Post by: Mike Sellers on April 20, 2015, 08:44:52 pm
I can`t hardly see the info on the screen in the sun so I wonder if anyone makes a viewfinder that attaches to the screen?
Mike
Title: Re: Zacuto type finder for Sigma DP2 Merrill
Post by: xocet on April 21, 2015, 05:13:55 am
Take a look in this thread (http://this thread) over on GetDPI. There are a couple of options listed.
Title: Re: Zacuto type finder for Sigma DP2 Merrill
Post by: NancyP on April 21, 2015, 09:16:20 am
In the rough category, I rubber-band the basic Hoodman loupe onto the back of the Merrills. Looks stupid, but hey! It works well enough, and helps steady the camera as well. I don't bother, if I am working from tripod, as I generally wear a broad-brimmed hat that can be pressed into service.
Title: Re: Zacuto type finder for Sigma DP2 Merrill
Post by: Alan Smallbone on April 21, 2015, 09:47:06 am
I use one of these on my DP3 Merrill
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2J4USO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my DP2 Quattro I bought the Sigma finder. Both of them look awkward but really work well and offer a lot more stability and make for a steadier hold on the camera.

Alan