Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mseawell on April 20, 2015, 03:01:20 pm

Title: Pens for signing prints
Post by: mseawell on April 20, 2015, 03:01:20 pm
Good day all! I was wondering what pens folks use to sign their glossy and mat prints with and where can you purchase them. I'm not ver happy with my pens at all.

Thanks!

Mark
Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: Bob_B on April 20, 2015, 04:36:52 pm
Quite a few photographers have recommended Sakura micron pigma pens. They're said to be archival and available at amazon and other retailers. I have them in my wishlist, but have not tried them so caveat emptor.

Bob
Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: Rick Popham on April 20, 2015, 05:07:44 pm
For the glossy papers I use a Staedtler Pigment Liner pen (you can get them at Staples).  On mat prints I use a pencil.
Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: brianrybolt on April 21, 2015, 03:27:40 am
I've been using the Sakura micron pigma pens for the past 4 years and have never had a problem.
Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: Jager on April 21, 2015, 06:54:19 am
For glossy, luster, baryta papers... another vote for the Sakura Micron pens. 

http://www.amazon.com/Sakura-30062-6-Piece-Pigma-Micron/dp/B0008G8G8Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429613510&sr=8-1&keywords=sakura+micron+pens

For matte papers I use pencil.

Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: Rusty on April 25, 2015, 01:24:41 am
I use Cop/C (COPIC0 Multiliner .25 nib. Its pigment ink, available at art supply places. works fine on lustre papers
Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: Robcat on April 26, 2015, 09:17:56 am
I print only color on baryta papers (Harman and Canson) and I use the Sanford Uniball Gel Impact 1 mm, signing on the image, not the border. I use gold or silver depending on the color of the area I'm signing. It's not just the ink, it's also how it lays down a line. These pens somehow manage to make my handwriting better :)
Title: Re: Pens for signing prints
Post by: mseawell on April 26, 2015, 06:13:34 pm
Thanks for the info!