Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: The View on April 19, 2015, 11:06:14 pm
-
I accidentally printed two images on top each other on a page of test sample prints.
I noticed that the top and the bottom of the page has ink smeared all over.
Could it be, that, because I basically printed one image on top of the other, that the ink could not go into the paper, and messed up the underside of my print head?
If yes, how would I go about cleaning that?
-
I accidentally printed two images on top each other on a page of test sample prints.
I noticed that the top and the bottom of the page has ink smeared all over.
Could it be, that, because I basically printed one image on top of the other, that the ink could not go into the paper, and messed up the underside of my print head?
If yes, how would I go about cleaning that?
Hi,
Have you tried cleaning the paper feed rollers (http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=28722) (from the maintenance menu)?
Cheers,
Bart
-
Thank you, Bart!
I have bookmarked the cleaning advice.
Gladly the smears went away after that one picture.
It had looked so dramatic... I did some cleaning with cotton nibs... you know the ones for the ears... that may have worked, too. Hopefully I didn't clean away grease for the printhead to move smoother in his path.