Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 18, 2015, 02:09:00 am

Title: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: BobDavid on April 18, 2015, 02:09:00 am
... a bit off my beaten path
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 18, 2015, 09:58:59 am
Amazing.

My own Tai Chi class never looks that graceful!  ;)
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: RSL on April 18, 2015, 10:14:19 am
I think you've invented an art form, Bob. Bravo!
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: BobDavid on April 18, 2015, 10:52:22 am
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I hope to exhibit my work some day.

Back story: I watched a slim, middle-aged man practicing Tai Chi along the seashore. I had been observing and admiring his level of skill and concentration. I took about 50 pictures--carefully framing him in the camera (handheld at waist level). I entered into a deep state of concentration as I gazed into the LED screen--while trying to keep the camera rock-steady. This lasted for at least five minutes. When he finished, he joined his wife who sat on a bench waiting to watch the sunset ... I introduced myself. A nice conversation ensued. I showed them the series of images I'd taken. Our conversation flowed.
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 18, 2015, 11:49:24 am
My wife and I have been doing a Tai Chi class for about three years now, and your Arcs express very well the relaxed, smooth sense of flow that is a goal in Tai Chi.

My trainer and my doctor both heartily endorse Tai Chi. I do, too.

And I love your new and unique imagery.
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: luxborealis on April 19, 2015, 09:01:50 pm
Spectacular creativity, Bob. I am so enjoying what you are doing with photography!
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: pcgpcg on April 19, 2015, 11:10:10 pm
It's so much fun to see what people create. Bravo for pushing the envelope!
Title: Re: Tai Chi Arcs
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 19, 2015, 11:48:57 pm
A new kind of spacetime geometry for sure.