Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JB Rasor on April 16, 2015, 11:12:23 pm

Title: Old Brass Lens for 8x10 Question
Post by: JB Rasor on April 16, 2015, 11:12:23 pm
Greetings everyone! I'm brand new to the group and fairly new to large format. I'm sure this horse has been flogged to death in other forums, but I'm seeking a nice brass lens for landscape work, with coverage for 8x10. The eBay prices are a bit erratic and even after some research I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for. Do any members have some suggestions? I don't want to break the bank but don't want a $4 dream purchase either. I appreciate it everyone! Have a great weekend!

JB Rasor
Title: Re: Old Brass Lens for 8x10 Question
Post by: Chris Barrett on April 17, 2015, 07:33:48 am
JB, you'll find way more info and experienced users over at the Large Format Forum (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/).  There are a number of threads devoted to the subject.  I actually bought an unknown brass lens from someone there for like $160.  Haven't tried it yet, though.

Good Luck,
CB
Title: Re: Old Brass Lens for 8x10 Question
Post by: JB Rasor on April 17, 2015, 06:37:39 pm
Chris, thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely join that forum. Hope the lens you got does well!! Best regards, JB