Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on April 14, 2015, 09:55:25 am

Title: Abstraction
Post by: stamper on April 14, 2015, 09:55:25 am
Not my usual fare.
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 14, 2015, 10:10:29 am
Good job.
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: stamper on April 14, 2015, 10:14:05 am
Thank you. I think it is similar to what you have posted in the past?
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: RSL on April 14, 2015, 10:41:04 am
Wavy windows are wonderful. Good shooting, Stamper.
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: David Eckels on April 14, 2015, 11:17:48 am
Oh yeah!
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: Bob_B on April 14, 2015, 11:19:00 am
Very nice.
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 14, 2015, 12:30:02 pm
+1
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 14, 2015, 01:07:44 pm
+1
+2.
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 15, 2015, 03:49:29 am
I like it too. I'm not sure that it's sufficiently unidentifiable to be truly abstract but that makes it more unsettling.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on April 15, 2015, 05:34:20 am
May I be the niggling one?
I would like the reflex more centered in the frame, just to remove even the top-bottom information and making the shot even more abstract.

But I'm niggling here: I like the shot very much as it is.
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: stamper on April 15, 2015, 05:50:58 am
My idea was to have as much as I could vertically lined up with the left and right side of the frame and let the other lines fall where they may. Normally I am a "stickler" for getting verticals vertical and horizontals horizontal but that isn't always possible or desirable? Thanks to all for their feedback. :)
Title: Re: Abstraction
Post by: NancyP on April 15, 2015, 10:29:46 am
Strangely, that building reflection almost looks like a head and neck looking away from viewer. So, when one starts seeing "other" images in an image, I would say that is a successful abstraction.