Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 11, 2015, 11:41:18 pm

Title: Morning at the beach
Post by: BobDavid on April 11, 2015, 11:41:18 pm
A few from yesterday...
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: Harald L on April 12, 2015, 02:15:51 am
Very interesting concept of presenting a series of pictures.
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on April 12, 2015, 05:21:51 am
I like both very much, with a preference for the first (probably for the slightly overexposed look)
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 12, 2015, 09:21:20 am
They are also slightly reminiscent of some of Robert Heinecken's (sp?) work, but he never used layers in quite this way.
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 12, 2015, 09:24:57 am
To me, figure-ground questions are the most important aspect of your compounds.

Your close matching of the shadowed sand with the sky makes this compound more successful, for me, than any-other of your's, that I remember.
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: RSL on April 12, 2015, 09:46:35 am
I think you've invented a photographic genre, Bob.

There's obviously no clear correspondence, but for some reason these beach scenes give me a Martin Parr feeling.
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: BobDavid on April 12, 2015, 10:35:21 am
I think you've invented a photographic genre, Bob.

There's obviously no clear correspondence, but for some reason these beach scenes give me a Martin Parr feeling.

I am a big fan of Martin Parr's beach photography. There is something eerie about those pictures. The colors and chaos in some of the photos are fascinating.
Title: Re: Morning at the beach
Post by: BobDavid on April 12, 2015, 11:52:36 am
Just a frustrated filmmaker, I am.

Migrating over to micro 4/3 has been a big plus. It's a lot of fun attaching an Oly body to a view camera. Live view is a revelation.