Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Diego Pigozzo on April 10, 2015, 06:05:56 am

Title: An old shot or a new one?
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on April 10, 2015, 06:05:56 am
I took this shot on color film more than 15 years ago.
I didn't like it, at the time.
A month ago I digitized the frame with the DSLR and turned it in black&white.
Now I like it very much.

But.. is this an old shot or a new one?
Title: Re: An old shot or a new one?
Post by: petermfiore on April 10, 2015, 07:20:48 am
With the look of the dust spots it leans toward the old...The idea of old and new is a relative term based on one's life experience.
Your image has a timeless feel, so...It's both.

Peter
Title: Re: An old shot or a new one?
Post by: francois on April 10, 2015, 07:32:36 am
With a little more post-processing like Dust & Scratches Photoshop filter, you could transform it into a new photo. It's true that the scratches give an old look at first glance.
Title: Re: An old shot or a new one?
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on April 10, 2015, 05:14:51 pm
In fact I didn't considered the importance of the scratches...
Title: Re: An old shot or a new one?
Post by: petermfiore on April 10, 2015, 07:01:18 pm
In fact I didn't considered the importance of the scratches...

Craft when not considered is not usually a good thing.

Peter