Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on April 09, 2015, 06:37:54 pm

Title: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Harald L on April 09, 2015, 06:37:54 pm
Couldn't resist to press the shutter

(http://harlempix.com/wp-content/gallery/myxp_poeple/DSC16830.jpg)
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 09, 2015, 07:36:23 pm
I like the color palette... very sinister.
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: RSL on April 09, 2015, 07:39:15 pm
+1
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: David Eckels on April 09, 2015, 08:05:49 pm
All I can say is wow! Talk about gesture!
I guess that's more than wow :P
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 09, 2015, 08:33:02 pm
Wow + 1.
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: BobDavid on April 09, 2015, 09:18:25 pm
This photo shows part of a story folding or unfolding. Very nice. I love the look: high ISO noise, color, mood, the young women...
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 09, 2015, 09:39:11 pm
... I love the look: high ISO noise...

Speaking of which... looks like it's been removed, perhaps a bit too much. It would add to the mood.
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Harald L on April 10, 2015, 03:10:41 am
Thank you for your friendly comments.

Speaking of which... looks like it's been removed, perhaps a bit too much. It would add to the mood.

I didn't changed the regular noise presets but added some soft grain. Here you have a variant with harsh grain:

(http://harlempix.com/wp-content/gallery/myxp_poeple/DSC16830-1.jpg)
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: stamper on April 10, 2015, 03:42:39 am
Are you a regular peeping Tom? If so keep it up. You captured a fine image and both renderings are likeable.
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Bob_B on April 10, 2015, 09:39:30 am
Love it. Something about the guy's right hand that really makes an impact on me.
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Mjollnir on April 10, 2015, 10:33:00 am
First impression I got (and I like it, btw) was that the guy's hand was so lit up it looked like the white gloves that a Vaudevillian villain would were, thus giving it, as Slobodan noted, a sinister look.
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 10, 2015, 12:14:31 pm
Love it. Something about the guy's right hand that really makes an impact on me.

Guy? They're both female, surely.

Intriguing shot. I think I prefer the second version, but there's little in it.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Snapshot at the delivery entrance
Post by: BobDavid on April 10, 2015, 12:18:30 pm
I like the first one better. It's got enough atmosphere. No need to exaggerate it.