Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: NancyP on April 08, 2015, 01:11:53 pm

Title: Inspiring Lake Baikal photos
Post by: NancyP on April 08, 2015, 01:11:53 pm
http://trofimov-photo.com/baikal-ls

For your viewing pleasure. He has an English site with "under construction" displayed.
Title: Re: Inspiring Lake Baikal photos
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 08, 2015, 01:14:25 pm
Fabulous! Thanks, Nancy.
Title: Re: Inspiring Lake Baikal photos
Post by: NancyP on April 08, 2015, 05:57:40 pm
That clear turquoise ice blows my mind. I think there is a need for photographers and scientists to document and study unusual habitats, I in my pessimism think that someday the photos and data will be all that is left.
Title: Re: Inspiring Lake Baikal photos
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 09, 2015, 10:12:22 am
Very nice indeed!
Title: Re: Inspiring Lake Baikal photos
Post by: mezzoduomo on April 09, 2015, 10:43:14 am
...I in my pessimism think that someday the photos and data will be all that is left.

Maybe spend some time here: http://humanprogress.org/

The world (and especially life for its human inhabitants) is improving in some significant, measurable ways.
Title: Re: Inspiring Lake Baikal photos
Post by: Justinr on April 09, 2015, 04:37:35 pm
Wonderful images indeed, they have an air of stark loneliness that is quite tangible and you have to ask where are these boats going, with what and why?

A year or so ago there was on the radio a recording of the captains radio transmissions as they chatted to each other on the long trips across these inland waters. It was played as a musical piece and was really quite lyrical and moving, although entirely in Russian. I'll see if I can find it on the web.