Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgpaterson2010 on April 06, 2015, 03:17:14 pm

Title: Epson SP4000 showing full inks as empty
Post by: dgpaterson2010 on April 06, 2015, 03:17:14 pm
I have a much-loved SP4000, and it is a fantastic printer. But when I switched it on this morning, 4 of the 8 inks showed as empty, although there is plenty of ink in all the cartridges (I weighed them, just to be sure).

Has anyone experienced this, and is there a fix?

D.Paterson
Title: Re: Epson SP4000 showing full inks as empty
Post by: mdrincic on April 06, 2015, 04:53:13 pm
Hi Paterson

Is this the Epson genuine cartridge or replacement?

Regards

Mladen
Title: Re: Epson SP4000 showing full inks as empty
Post by: Garnick on April 07, 2015, 10:13:38 am
I have a much-loved SP4000, and it is a fantastic printer. But when I switched it on this morning, 4 of the 8 inks showed as empty, although there is plenty of ink in all the cartridges (I weighed them, just to be sure).

Has anyone experienced this, and is there a fix?

D.Paterson

It's been many years since I used a 4000, quite liked it.  One question - have you shut down and restarted the printer to see if the issue remains?  Could perhaps be a one off glitch.  Also, it could be one cart with a bad chip, causing problems with the other carts.  You could also remove all carts and reinstall, which might re-seat them properly.  I personally haven't experienced that sort of issue, but I've seen it referred to on this forum in the past.  I have nothing more to offer, but I'm sure someone will soon.

Gary