Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on April 03, 2015, 02:30:25 pm

Title: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: wmchauncey on April 03, 2015, 02:30:25 pm
You saw this posted with a different color scheme...curiosity is rearing it's head.
I post a fair number of images on 1x.com and for the most part they have been well received...until these smoke images.
I put this up for critique and have received no feedback at all...could anyone opine as to why?

 (http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/smoke-egret-with-HDR-2-copy.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/smoke-egret-with-HDR-2-copy.jpg.html)
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 03, 2015, 02:46:01 pm
Was this the color scheme you posted on 1x.com?

I much prefer this color scheme to the other one you used for this image here on LuLa.

The literal, almost realistic images, like this one, leave less for the imagination than do the more mysterious ones. To do this kind of image must take enormous skill, but I personally am more attracted to the ones that have more of a sense of mystery.

But than again, I have pretty weird tastes, so maybe this has nothing to do with the folks visiting 1x.com.
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: luxborealis on April 06, 2015, 09:42:55 am
Was this the color scheme you posted on 1x.com?

The literal, almost realistic images, like this one, leave less for the imagination than do the more mysterious ones. To do this kind of image must take enormous skill, but I personally am more attracted to the ones that have more of a sense of mystery.


+1 - my thoughts as well.
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 06, 2015, 09:56:40 am
You got a praise from me when your initial smoke images looked non-manipulated, just accidentally resembling familiar shapes instead. Then you crossed into a black-velvet territory, card-playing dogs territory.
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: wmchauncey on April 06, 2015, 10:52:13 am
Quote
Then you crossed into a black-velvet territory, card-playing dogs territory
Cannot argue with that...there is a need to reevaluate the direction that I'm taking.  Thanks for the assessment.      ;)
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: DF1 on April 06, 2015, 12:49:55 pm
Cannot argue with that...there is a need to reevaluate the direction that I'm taking.  Thanks for the assessment.      ;)

You need to ask yourself what direction you want to take. No one else can answer that for you. Speaking for myself, I know I'm going in the right direction if I'm having fun along the way.
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: wmchauncey on April 06, 2015, 01:10:28 pm
Direction...although I've never tried it, the direction would be something that is potentially saleable, to satisfy my ego.      ;D
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 06, 2015, 01:11:13 pm
Direction...although I've never tried it, the direction would be something that is potentially saleable, to satisfy my ego.      ;D

Than you might be on the right track, after all. ;)
Title: Re: crystal ball time for you'll
Post by: DF1 on April 06, 2015, 01:58:13 pm
Direction...although I've never tried it, the direction would be something that is potentially saleable, to satisfy my ego.      ;D

Few things are more gratifying than others wanting to buy your work. If you like your work enough to see it on your wall day after day, it's generally a good bet that someone else would, too.