Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: marcgoldring on April 02, 2015, 07:02:51 pm

Title: Epson R3000 is dog slow...
Post by: marcgoldring on April 02, 2015, 07:02:51 pm
I've searched here and haven't found anyone with this problem. I start a small print job and it can take the printer like 2-4 minutes of intermittent groaning and burping to finally start to print. Even when it starts, it seems to hesitate. It can take over 5 minutes to print a 4x6 image. Yikes! I read somewhere that it might be low ink so I changed some carts that seemed low. No improvement. I don't think it's a memory issue because this is a new behavior and the system is the same - iMac w/12GB RAM.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Marco
Title: Re: Epson R3000 is dog slow...
Post by: jferrari on April 02, 2015, 07:13:47 pm
What is your connection to the printer? (TCP/IP, USB, WIFI, Print Server, Serial, Parallel)      - Jim
Title: Re: Epson R3000 is dog slow...
Post by: Deardorff on April 02, 2015, 09:03:50 pm
Wait til the paper feed starts getting balky on you as so many Epson printers do.
Title: Re: Epson R3000 is dog slow...
Post by: marcgoldring on April 05, 2015, 07:54:23 pm
It's a WIFI connection, but the thing is that's the same connection since I got the printer over a year ago and it's only just started to go so slow...

Very strange

Marco