Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on April 02, 2015, 07:29:15 am

Title: arch
Post by: MattNQ on April 02, 2015, 07:29:15 am
Thoughts on this one?
Started with a clean & sharp IR image & gave it a dose of IR film effect.

When I shot it, I had a more ominous look in mind, but I think it's maybe leaning a bit to the 'fairytale'-ish side now  ???


(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-mXTVTFd/0/L/P3081692_edit1-L.jpg)
Title: Re: arch
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 02, 2015, 08:39:59 am
Fascinating image. I'd call it mostly on the fairy-tale side, with a dose of spooky.
Title: Re: arch
Post by: MattNQ on April 02, 2015, 08:54:24 am
Fascinating image. I'd call it mostly on the fairy-tale side, with a dose of spooky.


Funny thing was someone who saw it suggested my daughter could dress up as a fairy for a reshoot. -  She just glared at me when I mentioned it   ;D ;D
Title: Re: arch
Post by: Bob_B on April 02, 2015, 09:48:08 am
Your image certainly has 'mystical' elements to it; probably imparted by the sunburst rays. I like it, but wonder if a tad more contrast and a bit less vignette might add greater dimension?
Title: Re: arch
Post by: RSL on April 02, 2015, 09:54:23 am
It worked, Matt, but I don't blame your daughter. Your story about the conversion from the original to the final product sounds like Ansel's conversion of a truly "blah" negative to the stunning "Moonrise over Hernandez."
Title: Re: arch
Post by: BobDavid on April 02, 2015, 12:36:14 pm
It's a neat scene. ... If you want, you can add another element to the picture. A bicycle laying on the ground, an old radio flyer wagon, or some other objects to help the viewer become more involved with this ominous fairy tale scene.
Title: Re: arch
Post by: Colorado David on April 02, 2015, 03:13:52 pm
Very Tolkienesque.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Hobbits or Wood Elves somewhere in this scene.
Title: Re: arch
Post by: Tony Jay on April 03, 2015, 09:15:32 pm
Nice image Matt.
As recollection serves this is the finest image I have seen you post.
Full of intrigue and possibilities!

Tony Jay
Title: Re:
Post by: MattNQ on April 05, 2015, 10:24:43 am
Thanks all for the comments and feedback. And ideas :).

Tony, I'm yet undecided if it is my finest. But after feeling like I went in circles a bit last year, I am pleased with some of this year's efforts.  

sent from Earth via tapatalk