Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on April 01, 2015, 05:02:41 pm

Title: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: William Walker on April 01, 2015, 05:02:41 pm
The Swartland (Black Land) is where we have moved to and I am enjoying the new countryside.

I hope you like this one...

William
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Tony Jay on April 01, 2015, 06:33:02 pm
Beautiful and gentle image.
Nice application of complementary colours

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 01, 2015, 07:20:09 pm
Yes!
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: RSL on April 01, 2015, 07:38:07 pm
Enjoy, William. It looks a lot like eastern Colorado. Nice shot. Interesting land.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: churly on April 01, 2015, 07:49:04 pm
Very nice!  One of those images that has a lot of soul.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 01, 2015, 11:53:33 pm
Very nice!  One of those images that has a lot of soul.

+1.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on April 02, 2015, 05:20:38 am
beautiful and peaceful.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: stamper on April 02, 2015, 08:39:55 am
No shopping malls or a pub in sight. I don't think I will be visiting any time soon. Nice pic BTW
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Bob_B on April 02, 2015, 09:51:27 am
Lovely! This is the type of image I love to look at during meditations. There's so much to view and think about here.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 02, 2015, 12:08:13 pm
No shopping malls or a pub in sight. I don't think I will be visiting any time soon. Nice pic BTW
I always carry my pub with me when I'm visiting exotic, remote locations, Stamper.   ;)
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Colorado David on April 02, 2015, 03:16:12 pm
Enjoy, William. It looks a lot like eastern Colorado. Nice shot. Interesting land.

Just what I was thinking.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 03, 2015, 04:50:01 pm
Beautiful image. By the way, "svartur" is Icelandic for black. Probably cognates of the German "schwarz."
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Tony Jay on April 03, 2015, 09:09:20 pm
Beautiful image. By the way, "svartur" is Icelandic for black. Probably cognates of the German "schwarz."
The word 'swart' is from Afrikaans.
Afrikaans, as a language, is derived mainly from Dutch, which is itself a close cousin of German.
So Rajan, the etymology is spot on.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: William Walker on April 05, 2015, 12:39:35 pm
No shopping malls or a pub in sight. I don't think I will be visiting any time soon. Nice pic BTW

Hey Stamper...all within a few meters! (Does that mean I can expect a visit?)  ??? ;D
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: David Eckels on April 05, 2015, 01:14:18 pm
Beautiful and gentle image.
Nice application of complementary colours

Tony Jay
+1
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: luxborealis on April 05, 2015, 01:17:32 pm
+1

Yes! +1, too.
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: stamper on April 06, 2015, 03:53:03 am
Hey Stamper...all within a few meters! (Does that mean I can expect a visit?)  ??? ;D

Only if you are buying. :)
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: William Walker on April 06, 2015, 08:49:45 am
Only if you are buying. :)

Typical Scotsman!  ;D
Title: Re: Swartland in Autumn
Post by: Harald L on April 10, 2015, 03:17:13 pm
Wonderul picture! Everything else has been already said.

H