Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: ajz on March 30, 2015, 05:22:57 pm
-
It seems that my lens (mentioned above) will not work on the A7II with my Novaflex adapter - as it appears that the rear lens element is too close; or may hit; the camera sensor.
Perhaps need to trade it even though I can use it on the M6...thoughts would be most appreciated.
thanks,
alj
-
The lens won't hit the sensor but the light rays hit the sensor at such as acute angle that the edges and corners of the image are smeared. Do you shoot enough film to justify keeping it? The ASPH version is a mighty sharp lens in a small package.
Later,
Johnny
-
Johnny,
Thanks for your thoughts. Not much 35mm film shooting, but occasionally do bring out the M6 with the 28mm, and have the film digitized. The 90mm Tele-Elmarit 2.8 seems to work well....may need to think about the 28mm.
ajz
-
The lens won't hit the sensor but the light rays hit the sensor at such as acute angle that the edges and corners of the image are smeared. Do you shoot enough film to justify keeping it? The ASPH version is a mighty sharp lens in a small package.
I second that.
http://blog.kasson.com/?p=8521
The R version works great, though. I tested a v1. The v2's should be even better, but they are now spendy, thanks to mirrorless.
Jim
-
BTW, the comment regarding the lens being too close to the sensor may have related to the fact that these adapter companies seem to make most of them about 1/2 mm too short. So, the Leica M lenses with very accurate infinity stops focus beyond infinity at their stop. I find this annoying. The Voigtlander VM-E adapter is the solution and what I think is the best way to go. It provides close focusing with Leica M lenses as well as a way to set your infinity stop. I mark the point on the adapter and use (easily removable and re-usable) tape to hold it in place.
Paul
www.PaulRoark.com
-
BTW, the comment regarding the lens being too close to the sensor may have related to the fact that these adapter companies seem to make most of them about 1/2 mm too short. So, the Leica M lenses with very accurate infinity stops focus beyond infinity at their stop. I find this annoying. The Voigtlander VM-E adapter is the solution and what I think is the best way to go. It provides close focusing with Leica M lenses as well as a way to set your infinity stop. I mark the point on the adapter and use (easily removable and re-usable) tape to hold it in place.
I've found Kipon adapters to be the right length.
http://blog.kasson.com/?p=8968
Jim
-
Jim,
Thanks for the Kipon adapter info - appreciate it; I visit your site a lot - very nice.
ajz