Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: pcgpcg on March 30, 2015, 02:54:36 pm

Title: A House Divided
Post by: pcgpcg on March 30, 2015, 02:54:36 pm
Just for fun. I like it, but I don't. Then I do.  :D
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on March 30, 2015, 03:32:13 pm
I like it. But then, I have a special place in my heart for old, run down houses.

Later,
Johnny
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 30, 2015, 03:55:29 pm
It has the feel of an illustration for a fairy tale. The tree is a monster, splitting the house in two.

Delightful! I like it!
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: RSL on March 30, 2015, 04:00:42 pm
That house is in trouble, Paul. Here's another one. This one's not going to be cracked open like an egg; it's going to be swallowed whole by that banyan tree.
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: pcgpcg on March 30, 2015, 07:10:03 pm
it's going to be swallowed whole by that banyan tree.
And in that climate it won't take long!
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 31, 2015, 12:33:11 am
This could make for another really interesting thread. It perhaps should be called "Show us your house-eating trees!"

I'm just sorry I don't yet have any to contribute to these two fine examples.
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: stamper on March 31, 2015, 08:20:01 am
My first thought was B&W. It might work but my second thought was no because the muted colours are just fine. An image that could have different renderings. One to keep looking at. :)
Title: Re: A House Divided
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 31, 2015, 09:05:16 am
My first thought was B&W. It might work but my second thought was no because the muted colours are just fine. An image that could have different renderings. One to keep looking at. :)
I agree. I very often prefer B&W, but here I think the color does add to the overall mood of the image, in a subtle way.