Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Edmond Junker on March 30, 2015, 01:34:16 am

Title: Printer error 3880
Post by: Edmond Junker on March 30, 2015, 01:34:16 am
Hi to all,
My  almost new 3880 printer gives me message 003CR2 in the mid  of a printjob.No other indication.I need to start after I have wasted a A2 sheet of Baryta paper which is not for nothing.The next sheet will work properly.Generally I feed "rear manual" or simply "sheet",it does'nt matter.Any help would be kindly appreciated.Thanks
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: Some Guy on March 30, 2015, 09:47:24 am
I don't find that code in my service manual since it isn't hexadecimal with the R in it.  I'd call Epson as they may be able to tell you what it means.  Hopefully you don't have to send it in.  Good luck.

SG
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: Farmer on March 30, 2015, 10:13:01 pm
Are you sure that's the error code?
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: jferrari on March 30, 2015, 10:16:21 pm
You don't by any chance have a Canon DSLR do you?
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: Edmond Junker on March 31, 2015, 01:28:36 am
The original picture was taken with a Canon 5D mk2
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: Edmond Junker on March 31, 2015, 01:34:36 am
Sorry for writing twice:the picture was taken with a 5D mk2,that for testing the new TAMRON 150-600 LENS.
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: Edmond Junker on March 31, 2015, 03:43:34 am
I have to apologise for letting you believe that it was a 3880 error.
In fact it was the 5D card which made  this trouble.Why it appeared
on the 3880 remains a mystery to me.Now the problem is solved and excuse my
amateurish behavior.
Thanks a lot.
Title: Re: Printer error 3880
Post by: jferrari on March 31, 2015, 11:02:30 am
Glad you got it sorted. Oh, and Welcome to LuLa!    - Jim