Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: iaent on March 27, 2015, 09:53:09 pm
-
Nikon D3s is 2nd best in Noise performance among Nikons. Better than D4 & D4s. Well if u trust DxOMark.
(http://oi59.tinypic.com/264kx0k.jpg)
-
Well if u trust DxOMark.
(http://s1.postimg.org/95jr02tb3/Dx_ODs.jpg)
-
Hi,
They are essentially the same at high ISO, but the newer models are better at low ISO. I guess they have better well capacity and cleaner readout.
Best regards
Erik
-
They are essentially the same at high ISO, but the newer models are better at low ISO. I guess they have better well capacity and cleaner readout.
Yes! The D4/s has 120 e- capacity at ISO 100. They use a dual-multiplexed readout shared by adjacent columns, and 24 channels of onboard amplification and A-D. At ISO 25600-51200 I'd give them both high marks, with the D4/s having a bit better color response, and the D3s having just a bit less fixed pattern noise. I wouldn't say that D3s is "better" but holds its own very nicely. It's more a qualitative question than a quantitative one.