Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: NicoleBach on March 26, 2015, 06:24:45 am

Title: Photographing for your better half?
Post by: NicoleBach on March 26, 2015, 06:24:45 am
Hey guys!

A few days backk, I posted on this forum with a problem and since I got a terrific response for it, I am here again and this time, with another issue, which is much more personal.

You see, my better half is a computer enthusiast and recently, he has started out on his own blog (http://gurumeditation.se/) and he wants me to take pictures for it.

First of all, I am more of an outdoor person and up to a certain extent, can make my peace with interior photography too. Technology is one thing about which I am not that excited, at least when compared to my boyfriend.

Secondly, a part of me wants to help him out and even if I wrap my head around the whole technology part, I know that I cannot be 100 percent professional for it since I am doing it for him.

I have no idea what to do.

What about you, people? Have you ever had such a difficultly? How did you manage it? I would love to hear your opinion on this! :)

Thank you for your time and have a good day.
Title: Re: Photographing for your better half?
Post by: Telecaster on March 26, 2015, 04:20:18 pm
My initial thought would be to try ignoring what the objects your boyfriend wants you to photograph do. Treat them as abstracts rather than pieces of tech. Photograph them with shape & tone in mind rather than function. I sometimes photograph my guitars, and find this approach more enjoyable than trying to document a guitar as a music-making tool.

-Dave-