Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: luxborealis on March 22, 2015, 09:33:26 pm

Title: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: luxborealis on March 22, 2015, 09:33:26 pm
Further to my previous post (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=98889.0)...
All four were made with Nikon D800E w/ Tamron 70-200 ƒ2.8 (at 70, 200, 200 and 185mm); hand held; ISO 200 for the first 3; ISO 400 for the last.

I love this lens - sharp as a tack. Very happy to have saved $1000 over the Nikkor!
Title: Re: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 23, 2015, 03:42:20 pm
#3 shows that even when you're taking snaps, the artist in you peeps through.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: LesPalenik on March 25, 2015, 01:25:16 pm
Stunning images, Terry, and indeed very sharp! Especially the seals and the red crab.
Did you open there that lens all the way to F2.8?
Title: Re: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 25, 2015, 01:58:16 pm
I'm partial to 2 and 3, especially 3.
Title: Re: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: luxborealis on March 26, 2015, 05:32:41 pm
Stunning images, Terry, and indeed very sharp! Especially the seals and the red crab.
Did you open there that lens all the way to F2.8?


Thanks, Les. I didn't have the opportunity to use the lens at f/2.8 under the bright tropical sun. I'll save it for the indoor gym and rink shots.
Title: Re: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: PeterAit on March 27, 2015, 09:02:30 am
I particularly like the crab!
Title: Re: Galápagos - 4 more
Post by: Dlanor Sekao on April 23, 2015, 11:11:55 am
This is my very first post here.
Being a Tortoise "Nut" I like #3....Very Nice.