Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on March 15, 2015, 12:34:52 am

Title: March 13 2015
Post by: BobDavid on March 15, 2015, 12:34:52 am
Strolling along the beach with an Oly is fun.
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: John R on March 15, 2015, 01:24:26 am
Nice work; and look at that light, beautiful. But the venetian blind steals the show for me. At first I thought I was looking at pull strings, but as I looked closer it became quite amazing to see all those little figures wonderfully distributed to making this image not only intriguing but aesthetically pleasing.

JR
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 15, 2015, 01:50:08 am
The first image at the beach is lovely.
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 15, 2015, 08:25:22 am
1 and 2 are especially fine.
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: RSL on March 15, 2015, 11:49:08 am
Fine stuff, Bob. That first one looks like a Martin Parr.
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: Bob_B on March 15, 2015, 07:01:13 pm
Nice work; and look at that light, beautiful. But the venetian blind steals the show for me. At first I thought I was looking at pull strings, but as I looked closer it became quite amazing to see all those little figures wonderfully distributed to making this image not only intriguing but aesthetically pleasing.

JR

Definitely, the second one. I didn't think anything of the imbedded image, but once I had expanded the photo I smiled a lot. Nice in all respects.
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: BobDavid on March 16, 2015, 12:04:19 am
Fine stuff, Bob. That first one looks like a Martin Parr.

Yes, I think of his beach photos too. I love the way he used color film. Man, what a knack...
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: RSL on March 16, 2015, 03:08:03 pm
. . .what a knack...

I think it was catching and you caught it. I know that shot is digital but it sure looks like his color stuff.
Title: Re: March 13 2015
Post by: luxborealis on March 20, 2015, 09:06:31 am
Three very different photographs and all successful. JR nails it, thought - the Venetian blinds steal the show.