Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on March 14, 2015, 05:52:13 pm

Title: Morning rain, west Maui
Post by: James Clark on March 14, 2015, 05:52:13 pm
Spent some time in the Hawaiian islands last week - arrived to find my tripod didn't make the trip unscathed, so it worked, but wasn't sturdy.  This one looks ok at web resolution, but falls apart when I get much bigger.  Oh well  :)

Title: Re: Morning rain, west Maui
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 15, 2015, 04:06:15 am
You have well captured the atmosphere!

Have a Nice Week-End.

Thierry
Title: Re: Morning rain, west Maui
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 16, 2015, 04:51:17 am
I like how the deep blacks remind me of slide film. Nice light and scene.
Title: Re: Morning rain, west Maui
Post by: maddogmurph on March 17, 2015, 07:16:07 pm
Well captured, I'd like to see more from this set.
Title: Re: Morning rain, west Maui
Post by: James Clark on March 17, 2015, 11:12:41 pm
Well captured, I'd like to see more from this set.

Thanks.  So would I ;)  Unfortunately I arrived in Maui with a broken tripod and correspondingly huge amounts of camera shake.  I was forced to improvise, and I think it turned out pretty well... Will post more later this week when I get to dig in :)
Title: Re: Morning rain, west Maui
Post by: Tony Jay on March 19, 2015, 12:31:54 am
Spent some time in the Hawaiian islands last week - arrived to find my tripod didn't make the trip unscathed, so it worked, but wasn't sturdy.  This one looks ok at web resolution, but falls apart when I get much bigger.  Oh well  :)


What a pity because it is indeed a beautiful and dynamic image!

Tony Jay