Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Redcrown on March 14, 2015, 02:23:29 am
-
Is there a way to force Lightroom to use a previous version of Camera Raw?
I'm a very infrequent Lightroom user, prefering Bridge and Photoshop. I have current versions of all installed, but there is a bug in ACR version 8.7, so in Bridge/Photoshop I rolled back to ACR 8.6. That's easy. I just keep old versions of the Camera Raw.8bi files and overwrite a new version with an old version when necessary.
I can't find such a file in the Lightroom folders. I'm assuming the worst, that the ACR code is buried in the main Lightroom.exe and can't be changed, but thought I'd ask anyway.
-
Is there a way to force Lightroom to use a previous version of Camera Raw?
No...ACR is coded directly into LR. There is no way to mix & match.
-
Out of interest, what is that bug in ACR 8.7, and does it also exist in LR 5.7 (or LR5.7.1)?
-
about changes in ACR...
anyone..
Do I understand correctly that ACR in LR6 remains the same as in LR5 ?
Or do i have to wait till 25march ++++ to find out?
-
The chances of no changes between LR5 and LR6 are extremely remote. We do know that brush erasure from the gradient filter has been added to ACR so it will almost certainly be added to LR6. There must be changes to improve performance as well.
-
I documented the "bug" here: http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=97727.0
People doing single conversions or small batches may not notice the problem. Batch convert a few hundred raw/dng files to jpeg and it gets quite obvious.
Unfortunately, no one has tried to confirm my results.
-
Presumably uninstalling LR and then installing an older version 5.6, 5.5 or whatever would give you an older version of ACR. Not sure how you would find which version to use though.
Keith
-
In the develop module, lowest panel, Camera calibration, you can select an earlier proces version, like 2010 or 2003. With this the processing engine will correspond to the processing of earlier versions of ACR. If that is what you mean.
cheers,
Boudewijn Swanenburg
-
Presumably uninstalling LR and then installing an older version 5.6, 5.5 or whatever would give you an older version of ACR. Not sure how you would find which version to use though.
Look at the decimal points. Lr5.7 = ACR5.7 etc (except for CC differences such as erase brush).
-
Is it correct to think about ACR "being within" Lightroom?
It is not as if it is a plug-in or anything like that, that LR uses. My understanding is that LR shares some coding (possibly) and functions with ACR but that those functions are integral parts of LR.