Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on March 12, 2015, 07:02:26 pm

Title: Sand Dunes
Post by: seamus finn on March 12, 2015, 07:02:26 pm
-

Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: armand on March 12, 2015, 07:29:21 pm
Ha, sensor dirt! :)

Joking aside a very nice image.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 12, 2015, 07:35:52 pm
This and the previous one share the same attributes: rich in tonalities, luscious, full of detail, lots of well-controlled shadows and highlights (resulting in a 3D feel), well composed inside a square (well, almost). Kind of b&w photographer's photograph, i.e., one that photographers particularly appreciate for its full range of tones.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: Arlen on March 12, 2015, 09:50:01 pm
I really like it. For the reasons Slobodan said, but mostly, and probably most importantly (and maybe as a consequence), it just grabs me.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 12, 2015, 11:11:51 pm
Gosh durn it, Slobodan! Why'd you have to go and say exactly what I wanted to say!
And worst of all, you expressed it much better than I would have.

He's right, Seamus. Both of these are just luscious B&W images.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: armand on March 12, 2015, 11:56:52 pm
I learned a lesson here, use whatever F-stop you need for DOF and worry less about sharpness or pixel detail. The positive thing is that I have the same camera and lens so nothing should stop me ... but me.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: seamus finn on March 14, 2015, 04:42:12 am
Thanks for the kind comments - much appreciated.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: PeterAit on March 14, 2015, 07:36:18 am
Excellent! I think you nailed the B&W "processing" right on the head, couldn't be better IMO.
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: stamper on March 14, 2015, 08:44:27 am
Gosh durn it, Slobodan! Why'd you have to go and say exactly what I wanted to say!
And worst of all, you expressed it much better than I would have.

He's right, Seamus. Both of these are just luscious B&W images.


I must agree!
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: RSL on March 15, 2015, 11:50:34 am
Me too! More fine stuff, Seamus. Bravo!
Title: Re: Sand Dunes
Post by: luxborealis on March 20, 2015, 09:09:16 am
It's rather all been said! Wonderful image. I love the idea that the earth is about to open up in front of us. Very unsettling. Adds a whole new dynamic.