Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on March 07, 2015, 02:50:41 pm

Title: homeward
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 07, 2015, 02:50:41 pm
Comments?

Jeremy
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: RSL on March 07, 2015, 03:24:27 pm
Nice, Jeremy, though I suspect a saturation push in post.
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 07, 2015, 06:24:20 pm
But not pushed too far, IMHO.
Nice.
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 08, 2015, 04:59:55 am
Nice, Jeremy, though I suspect a saturation push in post.

Thanks, Russ (and Eric), but all the saturation sliders are plumb centre. I keep forgetting that "as shot" WB will tend to give a very red look at that time of the evening. Fiddling with the white balance reduces the effect, of course.

Jeremy
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2015, 08:45:53 am
Just remember, Jeremy, that Russ is used to looking at Street photos, the best of which are usually in black and white, so the presence of coolor may seem to him like a saturation push.   ;)
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: Bob_B on March 08, 2015, 10:00:51 am
Great capture. I find the colors appealing, but I tend to like a bit o'color.
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: churly on March 08, 2015, 11:21:37 am
I keep forgetting that "as shot" WB will tend to give a very red look at that time of the evening. Fiddling with the white balance reduces the effect, of course.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I don't think you have to defend your choice of the way you present your image.  As Eric once advised me - shoot for yourself, that's what's is important.  IMO much of the critique we see here is about style.  You are free to choose your own style.  You have presented a very nice scene.  I like the colour as well but my colour vision is is troubled with a red deficit and a green anomaly.  :)
Chuck
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2015, 01:25:04 pm
I like the colour as well but my colour vision is is troubled with a red deficit and a green anomaly.  :)
Chuck
Me too.
Maybe that's why Chuck and I can agree so often.  ;)
Title: Re: homeward
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 08, 2015, 03:30:28 pm
I don't think you have to defend your choice of the way you present your image.  As Eric once advised me - shoot for yourself, that's what's is important.  IMO much of the critique we see here is about style.  You are free to choose your own style.  You have presented a very nice scene.  I like the colour as well but my colour vision is is troubled with a red deficit and a green anomaly.  :)
Chuck

I think you're right, Chuck. My comment was intended more as an explanation than as an excuse. Thanks for the comment!

Jeremy