Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on March 03, 2015, 09:45:22 pm

Title: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: MattNQ on March 03, 2015, 09:45:22 pm
One from the weekend

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/MonochromeMagic/Infrared/i-hK58bCK/0/L/P3011619_edit-L.jpg)
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: pcgpcg on March 03, 2015, 10:42:22 pm
This is gorgeous and very well processed. I would be tempted to lighten the shadow in the very lower left corner, so that it is similar in value to the immediate surrounding area. This would make the overall design perfect to my eye.  Either way it is a beautiful photograph! Splendid!
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: MattNQ on March 04, 2015, 08:10:56 am
This is gorgeous and very well processed. I would be tempted to lighten the shadow in the very lower left corner, so that it is similar in value to the immediate surrounding area. This would make the overall design perfect to my eye.  Either way it is a beautiful photograph! Splendid!

Thank you Paul for your encouraging comments. I'll have a play with that corner & see what I can do with it.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: brandtb on March 04, 2015, 08:21:21 am
Wonderful image Matt. Some really great "tone work". I think if there are "question marks" about the processing in some areas (and I have a few maybe), it seems like it might be best to look at it printed (don't know what you had planned for it)...as it is going to "darken down". I've been using Canson Rag Photographique for images with this kind of tonal range...and it would probably look great on that paper bye the by. /B
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: RSL on March 04, 2015, 08:53:50 am
Well done, Matt. Bravo! Leave the corners and everything else alone. It's finished.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: Bob_B on March 04, 2015, 09:48:14 am
Well done, Matt. Bravo! Leave the corners and everything else alone. It's finished.
+1, sublime tones!
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: francois on March 04, 2015, 09:49:18 am
I would simply leave it as it is! It's a fantastic image with a light that it just out of this world.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: Harald L on March 04, 2015, 11:22:06 am
A great picture. It has been finished in my opinion, too. Nevertheless I'm curious how a lush color version would look like.

Harald
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: David Eckels on March 04, 2015, 05:16:54 pm
Love it and the range of darks to lights: superb.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: MattNQ on March 04, 2015, 07:55:47 pm
Thanks all for the positive comments. I am quiet pleased with this one.
It will be interesting to see how it prints.



Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: seamus finn on March 05, 2015, 03:08:19 am
Beautiful image. Leave it alone.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 05, 2015, 08:18:02 pm
Beautiful image. Leave it alone.
It's gorgeous.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 05, 2015, 09:40:32 pm
Just lovely.  Looks like a finished article to me.
Title: Re: dark paths & silver light continued
Post by: stamper on March 06, 2015, 03:54:58 am
Beautiful image. Leave it alone.

Yes. If you don't the quest for perfection will be never ending.