Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: AFairley on February 26, 2015, 12:33:12 pm

Title: Go Metro
Post by: AFairley on February 26, 2015, 12:33:12 pm
Back to the urban landscapes.

(http://ahfairley.com/photos/Go%20Metro-001.JPG)
Title: Re: Go Metro
Post by: John R on February 26, 2015, 03:10:35 pm
The juxtaposition of the shapes and elements is really striking. So much so, that I didn't notice the person walking. Well done, and I think, even without the person the image can stand on its own.

JR
Title: Re: Go Metro
Post by: RSL on February 26, 2015, 04:26:31 pm
It's a fine shot, Alan. Good street in color is hard to do, but you do it.
Title: Re: Go Metro
Post by: AFairley on February 26, 2015, 06:23:00 pm
Thank you, guys.  I did do a version without the person, but it felt a little empty side by side.
Title: Re: Go Metro
Post by: Peter McLennan on February 26, 2015, 08:26:55 pm
Very nice.  I'd try warping it so that all the horizontal and vertical lines were parallel to the image borders.  ie, no perspective effects.
Title: Re: Go Metro
Post by: AFairley on February 26, 2015, 09:51:57 pm
Peter, I generally do fix keystoning, but like to leave angle perspective alone.  I really should explore your suggestion on some shots, though.  In this case, though the street is on a slope, so while the lines of the building are horizontal the curb is not, that's more warping than I care to do.  But I should go back and try to tweak out what I think is a very slight barreling.