Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on February 24, 2015, 10:09:56 am

Title: Gotta Do It
Post by: RSL on February 24, 2015, 10:09:56 am
I was digging out some earlier stuff and came across this pleasant thing. Yeah, it's the kind of thing that sells well at art fairs. But I like it anyway.
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: Bob_B on February 24, 2015, 10:38:32 am
Russ, I like it as well, especially as I sit here with temperatures hovering in the single digits. (BTW: What's wrong with pleasant photos that sell at arts fairs?)
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: SanderKikkert on February 24, 2015, 11:01:32 am
Yeah, it's the kind of thing that sells well at art fairs.

Shouldn't it have much more saturated colours for that ?  ;)  

I like it a lot Russ, beautiful colours, ample darkness and the absence of silhouetted people vs. presence of those birds make the image, as if they are having a little chat on their own turf. Reminds me of the blissful atmosphere on a beach where one can dwell alone (which is sometimes a hard feat to achieve where I live..)
Regards, Sander
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: RSL on February 24, 2015, 11:06:58 am
You guys are right, and I apologize for being snippy. No, Sander, I'd never push the saturation the way the art fair people do, so it probably wouldn't sell well at an art fair.
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: mezzoduomo on February 24, 2015, 12:21:41 pm
It's beautiful, and it instantly takes me back to so many memories of peaceful, idyllic moments on St Simon's Island. But alas, it captures the moment quite naturally and uses precious little PP pyrotechnics, so....no sale.   ;)
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 24, 2015, 05:00:57 pm
It's a very nice street photo, on a beach instead of in an urban location, and with gulls standing in for people.  ;)
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: Bob_B on February 24, 2015, 07:55:25 pm
It's a very nice street photo, on a beach instead of in an urban location, and with gulls standing in for people.  ;)

2x ;D
Title: Re: Gotta Do It
Post by: RSL on February 24, 2015, 08:02:22 pm
It's a very nice street photo, on a beach instead of in an urban location, and with gulls standing in for people.  ;)

Actually they're sandpipers, Eric.