Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: photomassimo on February 23, 2015, 10:48:41 am

Title: Best Cable release for Prontor pro shutter
Post by: photomassimo on February 23, 2015, 10:48:41 am
Hi guys i just bought a prontor shutter pro 01 and i was on a shoot and it broke 3 cable releases.
I was in a studio in NYC and they had many spare ones but i was wondering if there's a strong
cable release that works well with this type of press shutters.
Thank you
M
Title: Re: Best Cable release for Prontor pro shutter
Post by: JoeKitchen on February 23, 2015, 10:56:51 am
Kalt makes a really great 20 and 40 inch cable release.  Get the one that looks exactly like the image below; this is their best model and they cost around $40 to $60 per release.  I have never used a better cable release.  FotoCare on 22nd street should have them. 

They do make other models which are cheaper, but not as good.  Don't buy the wrong one by accident. 

(http://cdn3.volusion.com/smkgd.dqnys/v/vspfiles/photos/79638-2.jpg?1361529652)
Title: Re: Best Cable release for Prontor pro shutter
Post by: photomassimo on February 23, 2015, 10:58:27 am
Awesome, thanks a lot
M
Title: Re: Best Cable release for Prontor pro shutter
Post by: pixjohn on February 23, 2015, 12:51:03 pm
I agree that is the only style of cable release that I have used with the Prontor Shutters  that work.
Title: Re: Best Cable release for Prontor pro shutter
Post by: photomassimo on February 23, 2015, 01:27:59 pm
Fotocare is out of the 40", do you know who else sell this brand? Even online, B&H and Adorama don't have it.
Thank you again
M
Title: Re: Best Cable release for Prontor pro shutter
Post by: pixjohn on February 23, 2015, 03:35:32 pm
I use to get them at Calumet, they might have discontinued them?