Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: pchaplo on February 22, 2015, 03:02:11 pm

Title: Can I use my existing back, groundglass, etc on Graflex press camera?
Post by: pchaplo on February 22, 2015, 03:02:11 pm
I want to buy an old 4x5 Graflex press camera and use it for hand-held photography. I have a Horseman LE 4x5 monorail camera with ground glass, graflok back, front lense boards and lenses.

My question is: I buy a barebones Graflex (perhaps without a back or lensboard), can I use my groundglass, graflok back, and/or my lensboards on a 4x5 Graflex. I am just learning the old press camera models but I am leaning towards an Anniversary model or Crown Graphic as I dont need front movements or focal plane shutter.

If my existing back WILL work, are there only certain Graflex camera models that it will be compatible with?

Could I build a rigid, fixed infinity focus bellows say out of black foamcore to replace a failed bellows (if all I need is infinity focus)?

Ideas welcome.
Title: Re: Can I use my existing back, groundglass, etc on Graflex press camera?
Post by: NancyP on February 23, 2015, 10:25:07 am
You need the DIY forum at largeformatphotography.info   :)   Refurbishing an old press camera is child's play to them.
Title: Re: Can I use my existing back, groundglass, etc on Graflex press camera?
Post by: pchaplo on February 24, 2015, 03:59:12 pm
Thanks Nancy!