Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on February 21, 2015, 05:56:00 pm
-
Yes, there are hills in the Great Plains. You can see this church from 30 km away.
Feedback welcome.
-
Finally a picture posted here with a lot of snow that I like. :) Old churches and temples are one of my favorite subjects. Is the "1903” on the front the year that the church was built? And, where are the power lines that normally give me so any problems?
Later,
Johnny
-
Prefer the 2nd.
Because of a better sky first.
And because you see the door, it adds something interesting.
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry
-
I like number 1 for it's simplicity. Number 2 looks underexposed, especially in comparison to number1. Possibly raise exposure?
-
I also like #1 for its simplicity. The second is nice, but may be underexposed and could benefit by correcting the angled walls.
-
The first image is beautiful.
-
My vote is for the first. It's clean and simple, and hence appealing.
Jeremy
-
Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated. #1 might get printed.
#2: I struggled a lot with the exposure here, trying to show the structure in spite of the bright background. I agree with Thierry that this end of the building is much more interesting, and a morning visit with lighting on this side might be worthwhile. OTOH the background is cleaner in #1.
I also fiddled with the angles, Bob. Straighter walls cause the roof to look quite big.
Johnny: Many of the power lines here are buried: very helpful.
Yes, built in 1903. No longer used, the cracks in the corners grow larger every year. Another prairie structure about to crumble.
-
It's a good duo, with the added interest of the red colour contrasting with the snow. The building is more interesting in #2, but it seems the light or time of the day was not the best; meaning that to my eyes, the walls seem to have been treated with Clarity a bit too much?