Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on February 19, 2015, 09:01:43 pm

Title: Watch Your Step
Post by: petermfiore on February 19, 2015, 09:01:43 pm
Watch Your Step...

Peter
Title: Re: Watch Your Step
Post by: RSL on February 20, 2015, 09:31:56 am
I love it, Peter. It used to be one of my favorite subjects. I used to go through the bus station every day when I was downtown in Colorado Springs looking for street shots. Here are a couple. There are dozens more.
Title: Re: Watch Your Step
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 20, 2015, 02:36:18 pm
All three of these are fine images, but I also immediately feel considerable differences in what might be called "emotional depth" or perhaps "layers of possible interpretation."

Russ's first is fairly straightforward and feels, to me at least, to have less "ambiguity" than either of the others.

Russ's second one has more "layers," and the open-mouth silhouette juxtaposed against the church crosses adds a lot.

And Peter's feels to me to have even more "layers:" The juxtaposition of the bus rider's expression with the "Watch your step" sign, and then the unperturbed silhouette of the driver's face.

Such riches!

Thanks, both of you.
Title: Re: Watch Your Step
Post by: seamus finn on February 21, 2015, 05:30:09 am
Interesting work from two of the best street guys around here.
Title: Re: Watch Your Step
Post by: petermfiore on February 21, 2015, 07:58:49 am
Hi Russ, I love these very much. When were these shot? Nothing new under the sun just one's own take.
That's the fun!!!

Eric and Seamus thanks for your wonderful comments.

Peter
Title: Re: Watch Your Step
Post by: BobDavid on February 21, 2015, 08:19:51 am
Well done, Peter. I love the way the picture is broken up into fours. It's the type of picture that beckons a second, third, and fourth viewing.
Title: Re: Watch Your Step
Post by: RSL on February 21, 2015, 11:52:31 am
Hi Russ, I love these very much. When were these shot? Nothing new under the sun just one's own take.
That's the fun!!!

Exactly, Peter! That's the fun.

I shot these in 2003, but i have a bunch more from the bus station shot over many years.