Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on February 19, 2015, 09:49:55 am

Title: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 19, 2015, 09:49:55 am
Why on earth these people sat down near the surf on a frigid evening, after sunset, is a mystery to me.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2015, 10:23:13 am
What's the mystery, Bob? They're watching.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 19, 2015, 10:24:38 am
They are snowbirds from Wisconsin vacationing in Sarasota. I'm a Floridian. So, I guess you have a point there...
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2015, 10:29:59 am
Well, I'm soon to become a full-time Floridian, so I guess I'll have to start watching for watchers.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 19, 2015, 10:53:50 am
Your blood will thin out after living in Florida for a few years. Then you too will mock the snowbirds who hunker down in front of the surf on gusty evenings and real temperatures hovering in the upper 40°s. I lived in Omaha, Minneapolis, and Boston for over 4.5 decades. I pranced around in shorts and T-shirts on similar occasions during my first three or four years here. Not now.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2015, 12:25:33 pm
I think they're waiting for Godot.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2015, 12:53:14 pm
The won't have to wait long. He's undoubtedly right out there on a jet ski.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 19, 2015, 01:39:45 pm
Godot is dead.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2015, 01:49:29 pm
He drowned when he fell off his jet ski?
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 19, 2015, 05:17:04 pm
She drowned.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2015, 05:28:55 pm
They drowned?
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 19, 2015, 06:30:16 pm
Very sad.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: stamper on February 20, 2015, 04:15:30 am
Were they found?
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: mezzoduomo on February 20, 2015, 07:27:20 am
Your blood will thin out after living in Florida for a few years. Then you too will mock the snowbirds who hunker down in front of the surf on gusty evenings and real temperatures hovering in the upper 40°s. I lived in Omaha, Minneapolis, and Boston for over 4.5 decades. I pranced around in shorts and T-shirts on similar occasions during my first three or four years here. Not now.

It's the same for Phoenix. My wife and I were walking back to the car the other night around dusk...maybe 300 yards. We both got progressively colder until we both started running to get to the relative warmth of the car. Relieved to be out of the brutal cold, I started the car, engaged the seat heaters....and noticed that the digital thermometer on the dash registered 62 degrees F.  :o
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 20, 2015, 09:20:53 am
Your blood will thin out after living in Florida for a few years. Then you too will mock the snowbirds who hunker down in front of the surf on gusty evenings and real temperatures hovering in the upper 40°s. I lived in Omaha, Minneapolis, and Boston for over 4.5 decades. I pranced around in shorts and T-shirts on similar occasions during my first three or four years here. Not now.

My blood always thins during the six months I spend down here and then thickens again during the six months I spend in Colorado. One reason we're going to move down permanently is that I'm getting damned tired of thinning and thickening.

Actually, your blood really does get thicker in Colorado than in Florida, but it's because of the extra red cells you generate at high altitude in order to carry oxygen more efficiently.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 20, 2015, 09:28:14 am
I think the individual in the middle is a Teletubby.
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 20, 2015, 02:29:52 pm
I think you're right, Bob.

You should feel good about this image, Bob. How many others posted on LuLa have stimulated such a variety of comments?
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: BobDavid on February 21, 2015, 08:16:38 am
heh
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: petermfiore on February 21, 2015, 08:55:22 am
I think the individual in the middle is a Teletubby.

My exact thoughts!

Peter
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: RSL on February 21, 2015, 10:06:50 am
Are you sure that's not Godot?
Title: Re: The Watchers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 21, 2015, 08:40:00 pm
I'm thinking of making a bumper sticker that says "Godot is my co-pilot."