Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on February 18, 2015, 11:37:13 pm

Title: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 18, 2015, 11:37:13 pm
This is the time of year in NW Florida when sunrises and sunsets have all the elements of light working right. I was going to head out again tomorrow morning but with wind chill factored in, we're looking at high teens, low 20's - Florida...no MN, SD, MA, but bloody Florida. Not fair.
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2015, 12:47:46 am
My sympathy, Chris.
I'd love to send you some of our 7-foot high Massachusetts snow mountains to keep you company on your chilly mornings.  ;)
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 19, 2015, 01:17:56 am
I feel your pain, Chris! You almost have to wear long sleeves.
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Bob_B on February 19, 2015, 09:45:27 am
I feel your pain, Chris! You almost have to wear long sleeves.

and ditch your sandals for a couple of days  ;D

By the way, nice capture. You really had some beautiful light that morn. I haven't even considered going out with my gear in the last 4 or 5 days. It's just to darn cold. Oh well, spring is not all that far away... I hope.
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: stamper on February 19, 2015, 10:00:01 am
Some might find the image to be too wide and advise cropping. I don't. The curving lines in the foreground help make the image. Even the burn out - which usually I would recommend filling in with yellow - doesn't detract. To sum up. A nice pleasing image.
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 19, 2015, 10:08:28 am
Long sleeves, hell; I was in my long johns, and polartec. No brown fat to ease my pain.  ;D
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 19, 2015, 12:23:15 pm
Having an excess of brown fat myself, I wish I could send you some.

I like the photo, by the way. Very pleasing. and apparently your image stabilization overcame your shivering.

Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 19, 2015, 12:54:55 pm
No, but mirror up and electronic release did.  ;D
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: maddogmurph on February 19, 2015, 01:45:00 pm
I'm not a fan of what appears to be car tire treads... other than that it's splendid.  And we've been having rough weather the last couple days here as well chris.  I think it might have even rained a little bit?  And 55 degrees is dismal... Last week it was a nice 70. 
Title: Re: Bottoms Road Wake Up Call
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 19, 2015, 02:19:06 pm
Those are propeller tracks. They're all over the bottom land marshes. A car would sink up to it's windscreen in about two seconds in that muck.