Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on February 16, 2015, 09:24:13 am

Title: playing with fire
Post by: wmchauncey on February 16, 2015, 09:24:13 am
Got this candle at a craft store...figured I could use it for something.
Only problem is...I can't figure out what...suggestions???
 profiles and vertical shots.

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/fire.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/fire.jpg.html)
Title: Re: playing with fire
Post by: John R on February 16, 2015, 10:48:59 am
Since you are quite good at this, how about embedding a person- maybe a face- in the flame of a candle with only a part of the candle showing. So mostly flame, with face taking on the shape of the flame. Can evoke something nostalgic or eerie.

JR
Title: Re: playing with fire
Post by: BobDavid on February 16, 2015, 01:23:49 pm
Nice. I like it. It's great the way it is. I envision a series of these--different candles/wicks, different backgrounds, different post processing, etc. I like the recursive and chaos stuff going on.
Title: Re: playing with fire
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 16, 2015, 05:39:58 pm
Bob said it well. I like it the way it is, too.