Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on February 15, 2015, 08:39:56 pm

Title: A few from Japan
Post by: BernardLanguillier on February 15, 2015, 08:39:56 pm
Hi team,

Here are a few images taken in a hot spring in Northern Japan this past weekend. This is a fabulous place, although it is a bit difficult to get to.

(https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7297/16352181629_41cf5290a8_o.jpg)

(https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8666/16536754361_f5ce120158_o.jpg)

(https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8568/16350991280_a497ee81f7_o.jpg)

All are panoramic stitches shot with D810 and Otus 55mm f1.4.

More after the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A few from Japan
Post by: Tony Jay on February 15, 2015, 09:26:51 pm
These are really nice images, however I must confess to more than a little curiosity as to how the same (or similar) colour images might look.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: A few from Japan
Post by: francois on February 16, 2015, 02:58:02 am
I like the atmosphere of the place… Great shots!
Title: Re: A few from Japan
Post by: stamper on February 16, 2015, 03:37:38 am
Very nice, especially number 1. I suspect there is too much snow - nicely rendered - to work in colour?
Title: Re: A few from Japan
Post by: BernardLanguillier on February 16, 2015, 04:22:49 pm
Thanks, the color versions work also for the indoor ones, but I am shooting for a unified look and feel for this on-going series.

Cheers,
Bernard