Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: michaelbiondo on February 15, 2015, 07:31:08 pm
-
Hi Everyone, one of my all time favorite film camera systems was the contax 645. I am certain that everyone here understands how special the lenses were for that system. I am curious if any one
has tested out any of the contax 645 glass with the pentax 645Z ? Do any of the qualities that made those lenses so special with film translate to digital?
thanks,
Michael
-
No can do. Contax has a shorter flange :(
- N.
-
As far as I know out of the medium format systems only the Leica S has an adapter for Contax 645 glass.
One of the best sources of information is the following thread on GetDPI:
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/46286-contax-645-lenses-leica-s.html
-
Well, I guess that is that for the 645Z.
Interesting info about the adaptor for the S2 though.
Thanks folks!
-
Steel Chen makes an adapter for mounting Contax 645 Zeiss lenses on Nikon and Canon EF cameras and also Sony E-mount cameras via an EF/NEX adapter.
For more info check this thread out:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=97318.20
What I really want is an adapter for mounting the Pentax 645 image stabilized lens on my Contax 645 that unfortunately according to people who know more about this than I do is not viable :-(