Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on February 13, 2015, 09:46:02 am

Title: On Target for the Third Wire
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 13, 2015, 09:46:02 am
Louisiana Brown Pelican on his final approach.
Title: Re: On Target for the Third Wire
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 13, 2015, 11:41:13 am
Your timing on these guys is always impeccable.
Title: Re: On Target for the Third Wire
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 13, 2015, 12:52:29 pm
Did you shoot a lot of photos @ high speed and then choose the best?

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: On Target for the Third Wire
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 15, 2015, 11:59:44 pm
I shoot sequential shots whenever possible because in many cases these guys screw up and do foot trips, wing dips, etc and those are fun to catch. I don't always shoot high speed and even then rarely over 1/1000 (though I guess that is high speed). In most cases I'll shoot at f/8 on an aperture priority setting. I do believe however we all shoot a lot of shots and pick our best ones, eh?
Title: Re: On Target for the Third Wire
Post by: SanderKikkert on February 16, 2015, 06:25:20 am
Whichever way ouy did it, you nailed it !  ;) Fun stuff, more so with such rich detail and beautiful colours.
Best Regards, Sander
Title: Re: On Target for the Third Wire
Post by: Arlen on February 16, 2015, 10:52:53 am
Not only the timing, but the lighting is just right. Really brings out the texture of those feathers.