Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: fdisilvestro on February 11, 2015, 01:26:59 am

Title: Moon and tower
Post by: fdisilvestro on February 11, 2015, 01:26:59 am
Hi, this is a single capture, tone mapped in LR due to the extreme difference in brightness between the moon and the tower.
CxC appreciated.

Thanks for watching
Title: Re: Moon and tower
Post by: mbaginy on February 11, 2015, 12:00:04 pm
That's an interesting shot, Francisco.

My first though was, that the orange at the bottom left was distracting.  I placed a finger over the spot but the picture changed.  Then I understood, that it creates a diagonal when connected with the red light of the tower - so does the moon with the blue of the building.  The more I view the image, the more I like it.  Well done!
Title: Re: Moon and tower
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 11, 2015, 12:10:55 pm
Interesting shot, well seen.

I think all three orange spots should go, however.
Title: Re: Moon and tower
Post by: RSL on February 11, 2015, 03:45:22 pm
+1
Title: Re: Moon and tower
Post by: stamper on February 12, 2015, 03:28:11 am
Interesting shot, well seen.

I think all three orange spots should go, however.

I agree. It is a fine image but the orange spots catches the eye and detracts.
Title: Re: Moon and tower
Post by: fdisilvestro on February 12, 2015, 06:09:59 am
Thank you all for the comments. I admit that had mixed feelings about the orange spots. Cropping did not work for me so I will edit in PS when I have the time this coming weekend.

Regards
Title: Re: Moon and tower
Post by: fdisilvestro on February 12, 2015, 03:39:51 pm
Here is a new version with edits in PS to remove the orange reflections. Thanks again for your comments.