Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JKdrumdoc on February 09, 2015, 08:17:30 pm
-
Using LR 5.7, Windows 8.1. dual HDDs. See attached screenshot. Updating graphics card driver and calibrating NEC monitor no help. Any idea what could be the problem or where I could get help (even paid help)?
-
The clue is in the Histogram panel - Photo is Missing.
Have you been moving things around in Explorer?
-
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply, John. I have not been moving the catalog or the images around in Explorer. On a whim, I tried opening a catalog from a few months ago, and those images rendered and all looks fine. It seems like all the catalogs since I updated to version 5.7 will not open.
-
You need to tell Lightroom where the pictures are. Look at the Folders panel - question marks on them? Or click the missing photo icon (the exclamation mark) on the thumbnail and follow the prompts.
Have drive letters changed? Top level folder names changed? It's this area that you should focus on, nothing to do with upgrading.
-
I had something similar a while back, if this is what's happening then it is interesting to know that if you point LR to where the picture is on your HD you can tick a box or otherwise make LR "do the same for all other missing images as well" , saves a lot of time and once it knows where one picture is, it will find the others automatically.
Regards, Sander