Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on February 07, 2015, 08:03:13 pm

Title: Transportation
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 07, 2015, 08:03:13 pm
This was taken in the middle of a Mardi Gras Parade and getting the perfect angle was damnably difficult with all the other feet about.
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 08, 2015, 12:10:34 am
Good catch!
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 08, 2015, 10:48:14 pm
Good catch!


Think you may be the only one who gets it.  ;D
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 09, 2015, 12:15:16 am
Think you may be the only one who gets it.  ;D
There are lots of connections to like. legs and legs, legs and the sandwich board, feet vs. the vehicle at the left. But I should stop before I give it al away.

Nifty juxtapositions.
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: RSL on February 09, 2015, 09:03:08 am
it's a fine shot, Chris. One reason people aren't getting it is that there's not much separation between the legs and feet on the right. You have to spend a minute and look closely. Not much you can do about that unless there was color separation that didn't come through in the B&W conversion that you can go back and exploit in Photoshop. I doubt that's the case. I suspect the mom and kid were dressed more or less identically.
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 09, 2015, 10:19:15 am
I'll look Russ, but I think they were both in black.
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 09, 2015, 12:38:11 pm
I think this does the trick for separation and certainly does enhance the viewability.
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: RSL on February 09, 2015, 12:42:24 pm
Yep. That does it, Chris.
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Harald L on February 09, 2015, 12:54:42 pm
Indeed, the separation helped me a lot to like this picture. It really adds a new pair of legs to it.

Harald
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Chris Calohan on February 09, 2015, 02:09:26 pm
I just love Photoshop  ;D
Title: Re: Transportation
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 09, 2015, 05:05:51 pm
Yep. That does it, Chris.
+1.