Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mbaginy on February 07, 2015, 10:05:21 am

Title: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: mbaginy on February 07, 2015, 10:05:21 am
While spending a week in southern Germany last September, I came across a field of sunflowers.  Yellow and orange being my favorite colors, I just had to set up my tripod & camera.  Unfortunately, the wind was against me.  I must have spent some three hours struggling against the elements, but without any pleasing shots.  The wind didn't abate for one second!

Then I embraced the movement and took some shots with a long exposure and rotating the camera & lens during the exposure.  I sort of like the results - far better than any others I took that afternoon.
Title: Re: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: beebibi on February 07, 2015, 01:43:12 pm
Mike, a great idea to embrace the movement and I must say: It worked and I like it! Very whimsical and beautiful colors

Thanks, Bee
Title: Re: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: Iluvmycam on February 07, 2015, 03:17:38 pm
Freaky! Very creative.
Title: Re: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 07, 2015, 03:25:36 pm
It surely did work. Bravo!
Title: Re: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: Bob_B on February 07, 2015, 05:07:10 pm
Bravo for your creativity! The end result was worth the frustration IMHO.
Title: Re: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: chuckn on February 07, 2015, 05:08:07 pm
I like it. Reminds me of my first year of collage in the 70's, it was all a blur.

Chuck
Title: Re: A Different Sunflower Shot
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 07, 2015, 05:29:55 pm
I like it. Reminds me of my first year of collage in the 70's, it was all a blur.