Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on February 06, 2015, 03:13:06 pm

Title: These People
Post by: petermfiore on February 06, 2015, 03:13:06 pm
These People...

Peter
Title: Re: These People
Post by: RSL on February 07, 2015, 10:29:44 am
Reminds me of Margaret Bourke-White's "There's No Way Like the American Way." People, obviously uprooted by the Ohio River flood of 1937 and waiting for help, lined up in front of a billboard showing a family and their dog enjoying a drive in their new car in the sunshine.

I suspect the lack of comments on this picture come from rapidly moving viewers missing the action on the left. You might want to brighten the left side just a bit.

Good eye, Peter.
Title: Re: These People
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 07, 2015, 03:23:36 pm
The juxtaposition of left and right sides is wonderful, and it certainly pays homage to Bourke-White's image, although I didn't think of it immediately.
Another winner. Peter.
Title: Re: These People
Post by: petermfiore on February 07, 2015, 04:32:13 pm
Reminds me of Margaret Bourke-White's "There's No Way Like the American Way." People, obviously uprooted by the Ohio River flood of 1937 and waiting for help, lined up in front of a billboard showing a family and their dog enjoying a drive in their new car in the sunshine.

I suspect the lack of comments on this picture come from rapidly moving viewers missing the action on the left. You might want to brighten the left side just a bit.

Good eye, Peter.
Hi Russ, as you wish...

Peter
Title: Re: These People
Post by: RSL on February 07, 2015, 06:52:30 pm
Yes! I think that makes it clearer.

I really like this shot. The contrast is stunning.
Title: Re: These People
Post by: petermfiore on February 07, 2015, 07:06:10 pm
Thanks Russ and Eric...

Peter