Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattNQ on February 05, 2015, 07:43:39 am

Title: N.A.S!
Post by: MattNQ on February 05, 2015, 07:43:39 am
yes, I know a seaside sunrise is not particularly original, but it's the first colour landscape I've done for months & this location is close to home
plus wanted to test out my new Joby Focus gorillapod to see how well it balanced precariously on rocks with the camera's weight.  ;D

I have probably have over-processed a little, but Russ, at least it's not another IR cemetery shot ;D


(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Colours-of-Townsville/i-nQvLkTf/0/L/DSC_4890_edit%20wm-L.jpg)

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Colours-of-Townsville/i-GXHW2CD/0/L/DSC_5093_edit%20wm-L.jpg)

(http://mattlarsen.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Colours-of-Townsville/i-W8STv2v/0/L/DSC_4742_edit45-L.jpg)

Title: Re: N.A.S!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 05, 2015, 08:34:34 am
If by "over-processed" you mean that the foreground is brighter than warranted, then I agree.
Title: Re: N.A.S!
Post by: RSL on February 05, 2015, 09:24:27 am
It's probably a bit "over-processed," Matt, meaning I suspect you gave the saturation slider a bit of a push, but it's nicely done. I'm not gonna complain. The composition is good stuff.
Title: Re: N.A.S!
Post by: stamper on February 05, 2015, 09:43:33 am
I think the processing suits the image content. Bright and breezy. The compositions are spot on. Well done.
Title: Re: N.A.S!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 05, 2015, 09:53:09 am
I think the processing suits the image content. Bright and breezy. The compositions are spot on. Well done.
I'm with Stamper. Nice work.
Title: Re: N.A.S!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 05, 2015, 04:15:47 pm
They're good, particularly the first. I can live with a bit of saturation from time to time.

Jeremy
Title: Re: N.A.S!
Post by: MattNQ on February 05, 2015, 06:04:32 pm
Thanks all for the feedback.
It's a great location (if you don't mind getting wet  ;D )  and there are always fishermen there as added items of interest. ]