Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: aaronchan on February 05, 2015, 06:43:40 am
-
Does anyone who use/used a 9880 and the length of the print has been shortern by some how?
My 66cm length print right now is only 65.7mm.
And I had another print supposedly 1.5m long and now it is only 1.485m which is 1.5cm shorter.
Anyone knows why?
Thanks
Aaron
-
What is the media? Canvas or paper. If canvas this is a pretty common issue due to the fact that the printer cannot read the media as accurately as paper.
If paper it might be a skew error but that tends to show up with one edge being linger than the other.
Oaul
-
It's paper
I was using thick paper such as rag or fibre.
Issue is still going on, any idea?
should I do feed adjustment?
I haven't use any epson for quite a while, so not too sure what should I do at this point
aaron
-
I first noticed it when a did a 3 metre print on the 9890. It was less than 1%, but definitely there. In the 9890 driver dialog there is a setting to adjust for this.
Brian A
-
If you're using a third party paper, make sure you choose the closest option in the driver as this affects feed length.
-
With my old 9880 I could not find a feed adjustment that worked with all media. Since I usually resized for printing, just before printing I would resize the long axis by an amount I knew would work for a particular media.
In the "Image Size" dialogue, if you click "Resize" you can then disable the chain symbol that keeps height and width proportionate to each other.
For instance:
1.5 * 1.5 / 1.485 = 1.5152 for the resized Width, but leave Height the same. That should print to exactly 1.5 meters, with that particular media.